The Ronceray cloister was built in 1060 on the border of the Maine river, dedicated to a community of nuns. It became the property of the “Art et Métiers” Grande Ecole in 1915 and is now classified as a historical landmark.
The project consisted in renovating a series of large rooms framing the cloister within the university restaurant of the school.
The rooms contain beautiful Art Deco mosaic walls. They are connected to one another and are located on one side of the cloister.
To adapt the space to its new function, we created large metallic screens to host the technical equipment. The finishes of the walls, floors and ceilings have been renewed and light lines are hanging to provide an even quality of light.
The new metallic furniture responds to, while contrasting with the pattern of the old preserved mosaic walls.