The apartment is situated within a Haussmanian-style building from 1910 in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, within the neighbourhood of Notre Dame des champs. With a surface area of 111 m2, the apartment presents all of the features of its time. However, with the revamping it underwent at the hands of its successive owners, the apartment inevitably lost apart of its«soul». Indeed,the partitioning of the house had been modified repeatedly, so that the moldings and the walls were no longer connected, interrupting the readability of the space.
The project was aiming to recapture the spatial coherence of the place. The plan has been revised in order to restore certain rooms to their original dimensions as suggested by the layout of the ceiling moldings. In parallel, the divisions of the main ‘living area’ of the apartment were revised. This way, kitchen, living room and dining room have been knocked down, offering one and the same space opened onto study/library.
The parquets were renovated and reconstituted where they had been removed, while the storage areas were integrated into the background as much as possible not to detract from the view of the space. The mirror and the marble were key tools used to design and restructure the spaces: the Estremoz and its landscapes for the bathrooms, the Carrare and the Marquina for the kitchen and the entrance.