Apartment at 12 Klatovská Street
In 2015, the City of Pilsen restored several interiors by Adolf Loos. The design of repairs and restoration was created by the team of architects led by professor architect Václav Girsa.
The apartment of doctor Josef Vogel was designed by Adolf Loos in the 20´s of the 20th century in the house in 12 Klatovska Street. The house was originally owned by the family of Emil Skoda. One of the apartments was later occupied by the family of industrialist Otto Beck for whom Adolf Loos designed the apartment interior already in 1908. Later on, the daughter of Otto Beck became the third wife of Adolf Loos. The flat was then owned by the doctor of Jewish origin Josef Vogel. At that time Adolf Loos redesigned the whole apartment again including the consulting room of the doctor.
During the period of Nazis occupation the house was confiscated by Germans. From the original apartment of the doctor Josef Vogel only two rooms were preserved – the salon with the dining room and built-in furniture, wooden wall tiles and travertine tiling in the dining room. The rooms are furnished by exact replicas of the original furniture.
Text from City of Pilsen