The grammar school grounds take up a block between Keplerova, Parléřova, Morstadtova Street and Hládkov. The plot of land with the addition adjoins the western wing of the building.
Addition of gymnasium to a 1932 Functionalist building.
A simple block with an interior ground plan of the hall of 7 x 26 m and a clear headway 7.1 m. The placement of the block onto the grade and total construction thickness designed to allow access to the green roof with a terrace directly from the library on the third floor of the current grammar school building. The exterior façade, in a color scheme of shades of gray, is based on the articulation of the original building. The eastern façade is largely glazed and the excessive sun exposure of the longitudinal façades is dimmed by means of gird from fixed sunscreens. The socle is from dark gray artificial stone; light blue is the dominant shade in the interior and was used on the sports floor and acoustic paneling of the walls; the floor in the hall accesses a green area with a minimum difference in elevation, whereby the courtyard becomes a part of the interior.
Constructions and technologies:
The construction of the gymnasium is from prefabricated concrete components; the load-bearing part consists of a skeleton resting on stilts. The ceiling is from pre-stressed TT-girders; outer and inner walls from panels; all concrete elements are from fair-face concrete; sunscreens from dyed poured concrete mix; floors are placed on an elastic grid with a sports PVC surface; floor heating in the hall.