The exhibition building is located in the east wing of the Dresden Art Academy, built by Constantin Lipsius in 1894. The Temple of Art on the Brühlsche Terrasse was badly damaged during the Second World War and was not renovated externally until 1990.
The exhibition spaces were reused for changing visual arts exhibitions according to functional and architectonic considerations, and extended by a gallery level.
The new fixtures respect the character of the historic spaces while con-trasting, through the selection of materials and colour, to the fabric of the building.
structural Ingenieurbüro Kless Müller GmbH, Dresden
mechanical AHS Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, Falkenberg
electrical Bauplanung Sachsen GmbH, Ingenieurbüro Ra-thenow, Dresden
building physics Müller-BBM, Langebrück
wettbewerbe aktuell 2/2000
Opening brochure 2005
DETAIL Konzept 3/2006